Monday, June 8, 2009

To tell you the truth, I started this blog as part of a Web 2.0 0nline course that I am participating in with a group of teachers in Sydney. The course was created by Helen Christou and Diane Brook at Sydney CEO Leichhardt in 2009. It provides a scaffold for learning and a basic introduction to the potential of working in the world of Web 2.0 for all teachers and interested staff. It's a dynamic course in that we get to engage in our own time and at our own pace. To ensure we use lots of web tools, we're expected to create our own blog and participate in the wetpaint wiki for the course learning community. We also need to consider the potential of Web 2.0 tools to enhance student learning outcomes in physical and virtual learning spaces.

Now, I already have a blog {sue-in-sydney} which is pretty eclectic to say the least. I posted a bit about education and then I got a bit sidetracked and blogged about my dog (my gorgeous cocker spaniel named Dudley, who was recently hit by a car - but that's another story!), my recent trip to Bali, things that I like and am hooked on, interior design . . . . you get the idea. Anyway, I think having a blog exclusively on education, will ensure I focus on education and not get railroaded by other musings.


Now, how did you get here, Dudley???!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled on your education blog Susie. I will be back. I look forward to reading more. Can you see I am in need of a bit of mental stimulation. Just tried to enrol in an introductory course in psychology but as we haven't been here a year just a tad exxy. Guess I will just have to watch more Dr Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerrie,

    Nice to hear from you! A psychology course sounds great! Hope you do find one you can enrol in. In the meantime, Dr Phil is not a bad second option. Is Oprah a psychologist or what about Jerry Springer?

    ReplyDelete